- Rinse your frame with water after you ride if you use sunscreen.
- Rinse your frame with water after you ride if you have been sweating.
- Dry your frame after rinsing.
If you want to help prevent fingerprints and surface scratches you can apply wax.
- Gloss Finish – Paste wax (Turtle Wax) or liquid spray wax applied or wiped with a clean towel or cloth
- Matte Finish – Liquid spray wax only.
The use of a paste wax will result in a chalk like build up. This occurs because the filler in a matte finish will hold onto the paste wax not allowing for it be completely wiped away.
Good Products For Use On Your Finish
- Regular dish soap and water
Products Not Recommended For Use On Your Finish
- Anything citrus based
- Bike Lust
- Simple Green
For unpainted titanium or stainless bikes Strong Frames recommends you wash with warm water and dish soap and apply a thin coat of Lemon Scented Pledge to protect from grease and oil stains.